Thursday, November 3, 2011

Erin's individual perspective

1. This month I had a lot connections happen that reminded me of my topic of bullying because this past month was anti bullying month. At the school that I am at they also had a anti bullying rally , which I felt was a excellent idea to do. I feel that having this anti bully rally really set the example that bullying will not and is not acceptable at all.

2. After having been teaching in the class room that i was assigned to i would have to say that i think its important to fit the topic of citizenship and getting involved in issues that the students are interested in. I also think that if there is no room in the curriculum that there need to be space made. As a teacher I would first ask the students what topics that they are interested in and then brake them up into groups where the students would come up with a project idea dealing the the topic that interested them.

3.  In  the third grade class that i am in at Connery, I do not feel that the school is following the NCSS definition of social studies. The class that I am in do not even have social studies every week. when it comes to my project of bullying I feel that it makes a great connection to the NCSS definition of social studies. In my project we as soon to be teachers are modeling the importance of anti- bullying laws that should be in effect in the classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment